Key Community Benchmarks will measure Polk Vision’s progress annually. Additional Strategy Benchmarks developed by Vision Partners will also be measured on an annual basis. Achieving Vision goals will require unprecedented teamwork in working on the strategies of the six interdependent foundations: Education, Economic Development, Infrastructure, Government, Quality of Life, and Civic Engagement. Vision Partners need to review, revise and refocus their actions to accomplish the strategies.
- Increase the percentage of Polk adults, 25 and over, with a bachelor’s degree to meet or exceed the State of Florida average by 2025.
- Narrow the gap between Polk County and the State of Florida on an annual basis in order to meet or exceed the State of Florida average by 2020 on the following measurements: Kindergarten readiness, Reading proficiency in 10th grade, High school graduation rate.
- Economic Development
- Increase job growth at an annual rate that is at least 0.5% above the State of Florida.
- Increase the average earnings per job at an annual rate that is at least 0.5% above the State of Florida.
- Narrow the gap between the Polk County and State of Florida business taxable value ad valorem per resident on an annual basis.
- Maintain an annual reduction in Failing Lane Miles.
- Maintain an annual reduction in overall and per capita water utilization.
- Quality of Life
- By 2020, reduce the percentage of births to unwed mothers an the rate of births to mothers under age 18 to consistently be below the State of Florida average.
- By 2020, decrease the percentage of individuals in poverty to consistently be below the state of Florida.